EPISODE 27 – VANESSA HOLDING – ON BEING YOUR BIGGEST FAN, BEING A CONNECTOR, AND BEING CONSISTENT
Today we are talking with Vanessa Holding Executive Producer and Co-Owner of Arc and Crown Media.
Vanessa is a video production expert and loves to help her clients create video content that has an impact. She started out her career in marketing and communications and then went on to work for a corporate video production company for a couple of years and then decided to take a leap and start her own business with a co-founder.
Arc and Crown Media was launched in 2015 and is an award winning video production company that has been helping corporate communicators, L&D and marketing professionals get across important, complex and sometimes even dull content in a way that gets attention.
Arc and Crown offers Employee Engagement, eLearning Video Scenarios, Corporate Communication Videos, and Branded Content Videos. They have won 3 Audio Visual Arts Awards. They provide consulting services BUT also provide a lot of do it yourself content for those creators that want to take on producing their own video and you will often find Vanessa sharing her knowledge and expertise on Linkedin.
Vanessa understands the power of using video to tell a story in order to capture the attention of the audience and is so passionate about sharing her knowledge and helping people get it right.
I love seeing her content on Linked in and I can’t wait to talk with her today because she not only loves what she does, but her clients rave about her level of professionalism, attention to detail and her drive to take on any challenge and make it work.
These are all qualities I love in working with others so I can’t wait to hear Vanessa’s story and how she developed or discovered her love of storytelling via video.
There are so many things I love about Vanessa – she is open, honest, super authentic and we always seem to find so many things to talk about. We hit a lot of topics in this one!
I am sure you will find more than one or two things to take away from this podcast.
In this episode, Vanessa and I discuss the following:
- Importance of trying different things to figure out what you are good at and what you want to do
- Value of getting hands on experience, recognizing your own skill set and the skills that others bring to projects
- Value of interning and how it can be a great experience
- The pros and cons of working for a small tech company
- How to recognize when a job or company is not the right fit
- Importance of recognizing that you don’t need to know everything as an employee, presenter, salesperson or business owner
- Challenges of “selling” a companies services vs running your own business and “selling” yourself
- Why it is important to be a good listener and to ask good questions
- Importance of being your own biggest fan and promoting yourself and your business
- What is really happening with social media at a small business
- Why your network is so important and how they can help you – and it’s not what you think it is (23:27)
- Value of surrounding yourself with the right people that understand what you are trying to do and are super supportive
- Why women make sly, side handed comments and how it reveals their insecurities
- Value of a gratitude journal, how it helps frame things in your life and keep things in perspective
- How comparison can affect you, your mindset, and your progress
- Value of joining a business or networking group
- Being a connector to bring people together to collaborate
- Knowing when you should refer someone for business
- Building your network is important regardless of what type of work you do (36:00)
- Value of having a linked in profile with the video intro and why it is a great place to post
- Challenges of social media with video and photos
- Impact of the changes with Instagram and SEO with the progression of technology
- Why video is an investment and how you can take it to a new level
- How a messy bun look on video could be your brand today
- How to find your perfect partner when starting a business
- How do you know when to quit your full time job and go all in on a new business
- Value of taking the time draft a business plan
- Why you should Identify the needs and characteristics or your ideal customer to help you clearly define your business
- Why is it is important to understand the different types of customers and what is important to them
- How to Create DYI Videos
- How your mindset and fear can hold you back as a small business owner
- Figuring out how to make time for things that are important to grow your business
- Biggest mistake people make when they are creating a task list
- How you might be “wasting” time in your day
- Tricks to save time with your to do list and daily task list
- How you trick yourself to give yourself permission to leave work early
- Importance of leaving a toxic work environment
- Why you should do what you love
- Consistency breeds progress
- Why video is a way to connect and success
If you would like more information on Vanessa, you can visit:
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessaholding/
Website – https://arcandcrown.com/
Listen https://winesisters.com/o this podcast on Spotify, Google Podcast, iTunes or click play below to stream it.
If you have a minute, leave a short review here, or send me an email to tell me what other guests I should have on the podcast.