DAVELLE MORRISON – ON BEING PREPARED FOR LIFE CHANGES, MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY SITUATION AND THE IMPORTANCE OF MEDITATION
Davelle Morrison is currently a sales representative for Bosley Real Estate and a real estate investor. She started out in the corporate world doing ad sales by day and in the evenings and on weekends decided to try a few different side gigs, including dabbling in real estate investments before finding her true home in this space. She recognized that the corporate world was changing and that perhaps her job would not always be there. Davelle knew when she was going to be fired and most importantly she was prepared for it.
In 4 short years, Davelle has risen in the ranks at Bosley Real Estate and is currently listed as number 14 out of 250 agents. She believes in the power of investing in property in order to get ahead and shows people how they can leverage their residential property to make additional investments in real estate.
Davelle currently lives and works in Toronto, which is one of the most competitive real estate markets in Canada so her quick rise to the top is extremely impressive.
This is a woman that is driven. She does not let life challenges get in the way and in fact, seems to make the most of them when they happen to her. She loves to share her knowledge about what she has learned based on her own experience.
In this episode, Davelle and I discuss:
- Davelles’s journey to from the corporate world to self-employment and investing
- The benefits and importance of the side hustle to help you discover your true passion
- Changing your mindset and attitude about the traditional 9-5 work week
- Taking the steps to set up your next gig before leaving your full-time job
- Being able to identify when you are going to get fired or laid off
- Importance of accepting your situation and being proactive to move forward quickly
- What to consider before starting a business
- Importance and value of meditation
- How to identify when something is not right for you
- The secrets to achieving success in a relatively short time period
- Importance of learning and growing
- Finding and utilizing great tools and resources
- Understanding and using social media properly
- Challenges of following your passion
- Strategies for taking time off
- Being authentic on social media
- Finding inspiration and motivation during challenging times
- Fighting your way through difficult times to achieve success
- Understanding that you are the creator of your own story
- And much more.
I really enjoyed this conversation with Davelle and I hope you do too!
If you would like more information on Davelle Morrison you can visit:
Website – http://morrisonsellsrealestate.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/MorrisonSellsRealEstate
Twitter – https://twitter.com/DavelleMorrison
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7OGA0N8kY1ogJ_B3_ntfYQ