KIM TURLEY-SMITH – ON FINDING JOY, BEING GRATEFUL AND LIVING YOUR PERSONAL JOURNEY
Kim Turley-Smith is a fitness entrepreneur who is all about the power of positive thinking. Kim went from being a stay at home mom, to creating a successful business that was built out of her own need. She started out as a cross fit trainer and after feeling burnt out she decided she wanted a weekend away with all of her best gal pals. It was to be a weekend of fitness, fun, sharing, and caring with a bit of wine thrown in and hence Fall Fit was born.
Since it’s inception in 2009, Fall Fit has been providing the perfect space for women to take time for themselves. For health, fitness, laughter, renewal, growth, reflection and maybe even change. This little weekend getaway has grown to become She Getaways, which now includes three women’s weekends in Canada, one in Mexico and it has also provided a space for tweens and teens by offering the Mighty Girls program.
Kim is also the founder and creator of Tillie, which is apparel that has different inspirational sayings on them. Kim wanted to create something that people could carry with them every day to help them with their journey.
This is a woman that is a life enthusiast and has the desire to leave women inspired wherever she goes. If you have not met Kim, you will want to after this episode. She is probably one of the most giving and forgiving people I have ever met. She just wants everyone to love their life and live their dreams.
In this episode, Kim and I discuss:
- Importance of recognizing what you want your life to look like and then committing to making it happen
- Searching outside your comfort zone to discover something that you love to do
- How Crossfit has helped women become better moms, partners and community members
- How every woman has a different journey and needs different things at different times
- Kim’s journey to creating Fall Fit , Tillie, Mighty Girls and Spring Fit Mexico
- Inspiring women to realize their potential and helping them recognize that they can do it
- How to live a judgement free life by believing that everyone is doing the best they can
- Living in the moment and being present
- Why social media makes women feel bad
- The seven components of a healthy mind
- Imposter Syndrome and why women don’t feel good enough
- How self reflection and mediation can help you over come anxiety and stress
- Importance of creating a safe space for young girls to discuss their challenges in order to prepare the next generation of women
- Tools & tips that you can use to be respectful of another person’s journey or experience when you are away together
- Being grateful for what you have in your life and creating a space to do things that are important
- Importance of the family dinner and what you can learn from it
- Techniques to change your thoughts, move through the bad and get to happiness
- Challenges of working from home
- And much more.
I loved this conversation with Kim and I hope you do too!
If you would like more information on Kim you can visit:
Website – http://www.shegetaways.com/