NEED SOME EXTRA MONEY
Start Small – Try a Side Hustle
The rising costs are making things TIGHT for a lot of people these days. It is making it difficult to make ends meet and there never seems to be ENOUGH for those extra things that you love.
If you’re finding it hard to keep up with RISING PRICES, starting a side hustle can be a great way to INCREASE YOUR INCOME and stay ahead of inflation… and it just be a good way to see if you even want to own and operate a business.
If you want to start a side hustle to make extra money follow these tips to get started:
- IDENTIFY YOUR SKILLS AND INTERESTS: This can help you choose a side hustle that you enjoy and are good at. For example, if you’re good at writing, you might consider freelance writing or content creation. If you have a talent for crafting, you could start selling your creations on online marketplaces.
- RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES: You might want to research online marketplaces, part-time jobs, or entrepreneurial ventures. Look for opportunities that fit your schedule and interests.
- SET REALISTIC GOALS: You may not be able to make a full-time income right away, but you can set achievable goals that can help you increase your income over time. For example, you might aim to earn an extra $500 per month.
- DEVELOP A PLAN: This can include setting a schedule, creating a budget, and marketing your services or products.
- STAY COMMITTED: This one is key. You cannot try it once, twice or even three times… you need to be willing to go the distance. Starting a side hustle requires commitment and perseverance. It may take time to build up your income, but if you stay committed and focused, you can achieve your goals. Be sure to track your progress and adjust your plan as needed.
The excuse I often here from people is “I don’t have TIME.”
You do have time – if you spend 5-8 hours a week, which is just one hour a day doing any of these activities:
- Watching Netflix
- Scrolling through Social Media
- Playing Video Games
- Constantly checking your email or phone for messages
- Going shopping for non-essential items
- Gossiping about others with friend or family
- Procrastinating when you should be getting something done
- Overloading your calendar or to do list
- Allow non-critical distractions interrupt your day
- Not spending your time intentionally doing things that you really want to do
You just need to change some HABITS and you will find the time! And, you need to make it a PRIORITY – you have to really want it to make it work.
TAKING ACTION – START A SIDE HUSTLE
- What do you think you want to do to make extra money?
- What skills do you have to make extra money?
- Where will you sell your product or service?
- How much will people pay for what you want to sell?
- How much extra money do you want or need to make each month?
- What steps are you going to take to make your product or deliver your service?
- How are you going to find the right customers?
If you’re feeling the pinch of inflation, starting a side hustle can be a great way to increase your income and stay ahead of rising prices.
With the right skills, research, and commitment, you can find a side hustle that works for you and helps you achieve your financial goals.
If you need help figuring out your side hustle, send me an email and maybe I can help.
Until next time,